Thursday 11 June 2009

Wedding Purchases

A few months ago I was doing a delivery for one of my customers to a company that cuts pieces of metal and quartz and stuff with water jets. I asked about getting some initials done for the top of our wedding cake as we had been quoted £200 from a wedding cake shop to have them personalised. I was told I could get them done for about £40 so I ordered them.

For weeks and weeks and weeks I have been going out to Hillington (other side of Glasgow) to collect them only to find that they haven't been made yet (I told them that I wasn't getting married until next August so there was no rush).

Typically though that when my mum was out there for one of her deliveries she asked about my initials - and they were ready. She collected them for me.

Here they are:



The spikes at the bottom are going to go into the cake so that the letters stand up from the cake.

2 comments:

  1. They are...different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are. We didn't want the typical bride and groom standng on top of the cake - everyone does that. Just to point out these aren't going to be the only things on the cake. There will also be some flowers there too.

    Maybe I am not describing it very well - will post pictures when they are in use and it will look better.

    x

    ReplyDelete