Saturday 13 March 2010

OMG! Just 1 week left at work....

Feeling a bit neglected? I have left you for a while, haven't I?
Sorry about that - but for the past 4 weeks life has just been so manic. I have started a new job, which is fantastic. I have set hours, can work out exactly how much money I will have at the end of the month and I can make plans for the evenings and around work. Also, and I am not sure if I have mentioned this before or not but I am planning a wedding for the end of this month. We have 5 working days left until we head off to Manchester for our flight out to the Dominican Republic. Things are all happening so quickly now - we have had to arrange our currency, start our shopping (which still isn't finished) and try and pack everything into just 23 kilos.

There has been some light relief in this time though, David had his stag do the other week. He and his friends went to the gym for a mammoth workout session then onto an Indian restaurant to undo all their hard work. Me on the other hand did all the traditions of a hen night (minus the stripper though, thank god). I headed out into Edinburgh for a meal with 11 of my friends and then onto a club. It was a great night and really got me into the head space for the last little bit of planning the wedding. Having thought that I never wanted a hen night I am so glad that I did it, it was great and I had a great time.
The day after the hen night was the day I finally brought my wedding dress home. It is all altered and fits me perfectly and I love it so much. I thought I felt like a princess when it was straight from the dress shop but now that it fits me perfectly I love it even more. I have to take it to the dress shop on Wednesday but it is just so they can pack it into my hand luggage bag for me so that it should get to the Dominican Republic in a reasonably good state.

I cannot believe it is all happening so soon, it definitely has just sneaked up on us, but it is so exciting. I can't believe it is finally here.

I promise to write again before we go,

x

No comments:

Post a Comment