Monday 29 December 2008

Welcome to Monday...

So, today is Monday. Now not sure what you think but I think it feels nothing like a Monday. Maybe because I have been confused as to what day it has been over the last week, what with Christmas falling a Thursday (didn't Christmas always fall on a weekend when I was younger?) and therefore the "weekend" ended up being busier than the normal working week. Also not many people were travelling to work today when I left the house and therefore getting to work took me about 5 minutes instead of the usual 15 minutes. So, many people are taking advantage of the week in between Christmas and New Year and therefore there is no point in working a 3 day week so have a holiday. Chill out, relax, visit the family you haven't seen since Thursday cause god knows when you will see them after the New Year when life returns to normal.

So, you looking forward to New Year? You setting any resolutions? I am resurrecting the ones from last year, to lose weight, finally sort out the finances and get some money put away for the upcoming wedding. The finances are almost sorted out - just got David's overdraft to pay off then the only big thing we will have to pay off will be the car finance. This means that we can definitely put money away each month for the wedding fund. The weight loss is also under control as I am beginning the Lighterlife diet again in January. I started this diet back in June but because of the financial constraints of moving into the house and everything in July we couldn't afford for me to continue then but in getting my overdraft paid off we can definitely pay for the diet again. I think that 2009 is going to be the year that everything comes together and David and I can finally sort ourselves out and prepare for the best wedding in 2010.

Roll on 2009
x

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, just noticed you have a blog! Excellent, I can begin stalking you online :) My new year's resolution is to write a novel. Aiming small, then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with that. Would definately order one (or maybe a dozen)!

    x

    ReplyDelete